Main Theme: Ancient Greece
End of Theme Project: Greek vase
Intent: What wider skills do we want the children to have developed by the end of this theme, supporting future learning and life skills?
Intent: Outline the factual/topical areas that will be covered, enhancing the development of knowledge and cultural capital?
Intent: What opportunities will there be to develop literacy and numeracy skills?
Intent: Cross-Curricular links: Which curriculum areas will be covered during this theme, developing cross-curriculum knowledge and skills?
Impact: What opportunities will be provided to assess the development of knowledge and skills?
Impact: What specific areas of knowledge/skills will be developed during this theme, which will be assessed at different times by the teacher and by the pupil?
|Subject Knowledge/Skill||Curriculum Areas covered|
|I can use timelines to place and sequence historical periods and use dates and terms accurately.||History, Maths|
|I can understand the changes and consequences of historical events.||History, Geography, English, PSHE|
|I can ask questions about the past that may have more than one answer.||PSHE, History, English S&L|
|I can use and assess a variety of sources to collect information about the past.||History, English|
|I can improve my drawing and painting techniques.||Art|
|I can use research & criteria to develop products which are fit for purpose and aimed at specific groups.||D&T, English|
|I can analyse & evaluate existing products and improve own work.||D&T, English|
|I can cook savoury dishes for a healthy and varied diet.||PSHE (Health), Science|
|I can use maps and atlases to locate countries.||Geography|
|I can give reasons why certain materials are used for products.||D&T, Science, English|
|I can use a search engine to find and evaluate different types of information.||CS, English|
Impact: What specific wider skills will be developed during this theme, which will be assessed at different times by the teacher and by the pupil?
• I can work to my own targets
• I can learn from a mistake
• I can organise myself and resources when working independently or in a group.
• I can debate issues until a sensible compromise is reached.
• I can break my learning into manageable chunks.
• I can recognise how my attitude and behaviour impact my learning.
• I can take on a range of roles within a group
• I can motivate people to contribute more effectively.
• I accept the fact that I can try and fail
• I can share my ideas and thoughts with the whole class