Main Theme: World War 2
End of Theme Project: Memory box to be presented to the International Bomber Command Centre
Intent: What wider skills do we want the children to have developed by the end of this theme, supporting future learning and life skills?
Intent: Outline the factual/topical areas that will be covered, enhancing the development of knowledge and cultural capital?
Intent: What opportunities will there be to develop literacy and numeracy skills?
Intent: Cross-Curricular links: Which curriculum areas will be covered during this theme, developing cross-curriculum knowledge and skills?
Impact: What opportunities will be provided to assess the development of knowledge and skills?
Impact: What specific areas of knowledge/skills will be developed during this theme, which will be assessed at different times by the teacher and by the pupil?
|Subject Knowledge/Skill||Curriculum Areas covered|
|I can seek out and analyse a wide range of evidence in order to justify claims about the past.||History, English|
|I can show an awareness of propaganda and how historians must understand the social context of evidence studied.||History, Geography, English, PSHE|
|I can describe the characteristic features of the past, including ideas, beliefs, attitudes and experiences of men, women and children.||PSHE, History, English, R.E.|
|I can use appropriate historical vocabulary to communicate, including:dates, time period, era, chronology, continuity, change, century, legacy.||History, English, Maths|
|I can name and locate some of the countries and cities of the world and their identifying human and physical characteristics.||Geography, English|
|I can design with the user in mind, motivated by what the user needs rather than profit.||D&T, English, Art|
|I can make products through stages of prototypes, making continual refinements.||D&T, English|
|I can ensure products have a high-quality finish, using art skills where appropriate.||D&T, Art|
|I understand the importance of correct storage and handling of ingredients (using knowledge of micro-organisms).||PSHE (Health), Science, Maths|
|I can measure accurately and calculate ratios of ingredients to scale up or down from a recipe.||Maths, English, D&T|
|I can demonstrate a range of baking and cooking techniques.||D&T, Science, English|
|I can create and refine recipes, including ingredients, methods, cooking times and temperatures.||CS, D&T, English, Maths|
|I can sketch (lightly) before painting to combine line and colour.||Art|
|I can create a colour palette based upon colours observed in the natural or built world.||Art, Geography|
|I can use the qualities of watercolour and acrylic paints to create visually interesting pieces.||Art, PSHE|
|I can comment on artworks with a fluent grasp of visual language.||Art, English|
|I can combine colours, tones and tints to enhance the mood of a piece.||Art, PSHE|
|I can use brush techniques and the qualities of paint to create texture.||Art, D&T|
|I can select appropriate applications to devise, construct and manipulate data and present it in an effective and professional manner.||CS|
|I can use a variety of coding components.||CS|
Impact: What specific wider skills will be developed during this theme, which will be assessed at different times by the teacher and by the pupil?
• I push myself when facing challenging circumstances.
• I can reflect on these challenges and recognise how important it is to overcome doubts and fears.
• I fully concentrate and do not become distracted.
• I understand different methods which can help me to concentrate.
|Try New Things|
• I enjoy new things and take opportunities wherever possible.
• I become fully involved in clubs or groups and share my interests with others.
• I understand the benefits of effort and commitment.
• I encourage others by pointing out the benefits of their hard work.
• I can generate lots of ideas and recognise which of these ideas are useful and have value.
• I can ask lots of questions and recognise that I can sometimes be wrong.
• I can identify my own strengths and areas for improvement.
• I can show effort and commitment when refining and adjusting my work.
• I can listen to others before sharing my own ideas.
• I can describe and understand other people’s points of view.