Pilgrim Academy use of Primary School PE and Sports Funding
As part of the Tollbar Multi Academy Trust, Tollbar Academy releases the equivalent of one full time member of specialist PE staff to:
- teach sports to the pupils in the Academy
- continue to develop a new assessment system linked to the new national curriculum
- provide support for planning and assessment in PE
- work alongside staff in delivering lessons
- Encourage leadership through sport
We also use the funding to:
- Purchase PE kit for pupils in the Academy
- Purchase and maintain equipment to maximise the opportunity and progression of our students in PE and sport.
- Promote and support health and wellbeing to our pupils, engaging their families and the wider community.
- Swimming lessons have been provided for year 4 pupils by level 1 and 2 ASA approved swimming teachers